Saturday, July 12, 2008

Comments from our readers

Mark said...
Father,

Thank you for your kind words on the Holy Vocations blog, and thank you for this blog!

You might consider giving some small kind of commentary/explanation of the Psalms each time. This would really help poor people in the same boat as me, who don't know very much Latin and yet pray the Breviary in Latin.

By the way, this might also interest you.

Best wishes,
Mark

July 12, 2008 1:15 PM
Alphonsus said...
Thank you, Father, for opening this blog. I am a seminarian who loves the Breviarium Romanum. I already know how to pray it, but I do not have my own personal copy. Do you know where I might be able to find one to order online? I know about the Baronius Press project, but it just seems to keep getting pushed further into the future, and I would really like to start praying the 1962 Breviarium Romanum as soon as possible. Most of the sites I know of show that this edition is out of print.

PS: I'm looking for one with the Vulgate psalter, and only Latin if possible (vernacular translation not necessary). Thanks.

July 12, 2008 2:18 PM
techno_aesthete said...
Alphonsus,

Angelus Press publishes a 1962 Diurnale in Latin only. It is not available on the Web site, though. You need to call their customer service number and order it. Also, Fraternity Publications (FSSP) publishes a two volume 1962 Roman Breviary in Latin.

July 12, 2008 4:12 PM
soyyo201 said...
Ahem, breviarium, not breviarum, Father! You have missed the i passim!

July 12, 2008 4:31 PM
Post a Comment